A portable nebulizer machine is a medical equipment which is used by any patient suffering from respiratory problems or asthma. The machine makes it easy for the mist to reach the lungs in no time. What the machine does is it changes the liquid medicine into a mist. The mist is inhaled by the patient through a mouthpiece or a face mask.
Who can use a portable nebulizer machine?
Basically your doctor will ask you to use a nebulizer because of the below listed medical conditions.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cystic fibrosis
How do you use a hand held nebulizer?
Before any patient starts using a nebulizer, the doctor will make sure that he/she explains the instructions in the right manner. In case the patient is getting the nebulizer from a medical store, one of the staff members will be there to explain how to use a nebulizer. Every nebulizer works in a different manner which is why it becomes compulsory to read the instructions mentioned on the packing of the nebulizer.
The basic steps to use a nebulizer are mentioned below.
- Start by washing your hands properly.
- Add the medicine to the cup taking into account the instructions given by the doctor.
- Adjust the pieces in the right manner including the tubing, mouthpiece, and the mask.
- Now connect the tubing to the nebulizer according to the instructions.
- Switch on the nebulizer.
- To deliver the medicine in the right manner, make sure you hold the medicine cup upside down.
- Take slow breaths and inhale the medicine.
If you are not able to use the nebulizer even after following the instructions, get in touch with a doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor will examine the situation and make sure that you are able to use the nebulizer properly.
Do you need a prescription to use a nebulizer?
Yes, you need to have a prescription by the doctor to purchase a nebulizer and the medicine. However, you can still purchase both of them without a prescription online.
The Key Takeaways
A nebulizer is a piece of medical equipment that will surely put you at ease if you have severe breathing problems. Get your hands on this equipment if you need it the most. Also, do not think twice before purchasing nebulizer for sale if you get them in bulk. Like you need not purchase a new one every now and then.