Dustin Poirier and Charles Oliveira will both be seeking validation when they face off at UFC 269 on Saturday night.
Oliveira will enter the Octagon as the UFC lightweight champion with a chance to extend his winning streak to 10 fights. However, Poirier is actually the favorite to emerge victorious despite being the challenger, as he has won seven of his last eight fights with his only loss coming against Khabib Nurmagomedov. That should provide plenty of motivation for Oliveira.
Poirier, meanwhile, is looking to capture an undisputed title for the first time in his illustrious career. He is painfully aware that it is the one box he has yet to check off.
“Winning the title is my ultimate goal,” Poirier said (via Yahoo Sports’ Kevin Iole). “It’s at the top of the list of things to do in mixed martial arts, so it’s very important to me.”
Regardless of which man leaves Las Vegas with the lightweight belt, they will both walk away with some big checks. Here’s how much the two fighters are set to earn on Saturday.
MORE: Everything you need to know about UFC 269
Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier purse
The official UFC 269 purse has not yet been revealed, but previous payouts for Oliveira and Poirier could help provide some insight as to how much they will earn.
Poirier was estimated to have made more than $1 million for his UFC 264 fight against Conor McGregor. Oliveira was estimated to have made more than $450,000 for his UFC 262 fight against Michael Chandler.
Oliveira and Poirier are unlikely to drive the same kind of audience as McGregor did in his prime, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if they both rack up between $500,000-$1 million at the event.
When is UFC 269: Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier?
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 11
- Early prelims: 6:15 p.m. ET | 3:15 p.m. PT
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET | 5 p.m. PT
- Main card (PPV): 10 p.m. ET | 7 p.m. PT
- Main event: Midnight ET | 9 p.m. PT (estimate)
UFC 269 is scheduled to start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, Dec. 11. The early prelims will begin at that time, and the main card will kick off at 10 p.m. ET. Oliveira and Poirier are expected to enter the Octagon around midnight ET, though that could change depending on the length of the earlier fights.
How to watch UFC 269: Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier
- Early prelims: ESPN+
- Prelims: ESPN2, ESPN+
- Main card (PPV): ESPN+
Every fight on the UFC 269 card will be available to watch on ESPN+. The prelims will also be available to watch on ESPN2.
Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier price: How much does UFC 269 cost?
- PPV price: $69.99 (current ESPN+ subscribers) | $89.98 (new subscribers)
UFC fans can purchase the Oliveira vs. Poirier pay-per-view through ESPN+. Current subscribers can buy the event for $69.99, and new subscribers can buy the event for $89.98.
Click here to learn about the different pricing and bundling options with the ESPN+ platform.
Charles Oliveira record, bio
- Nationality: Brazilian
- Age: 32
- Height: 5-10
- Weight: 155 pounds
- Reach: 74 inches
- Record: 31-8-0 (1 NC)
Dustin Poirier record, bio
- Nationality: American
- Age: 32
- Height: 5-9
- Weight: 155 pounds
- Reach: 72 inches
- Record: 28-6-0 (1 NC)
UFC 269 fight card
- Andre Muniz vs. Eryk Anders, men’s middleweight
- Miranda Maverick vs. Erin Blanchfield, women’s flyweight
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell, men’s flyweight
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner, men’s featherweight
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley, men’s bantamweight
- Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira, women’s flyweight
- Josh Emmett vs. Dan Ige, men’s featherweight
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz, men’s bantamweight
- Augusto Sakai vs. Tai Tuivasa, men’s heavyweight
- Jordan Wright vs. Bruno Silva, men’s middleweight
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier, men’s lightweight championship
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena, women’s bantamweight championship
- Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio, men’s welterweight
- Kai Kara-France vs. Cody Garbrandt, men’s flyweight
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O’Malley, men’s bantamweight