A win is a win is a win is a win. Happy Hanukkah, Jets fans. You got yourself a victory. It was quite ugly, but Jets wins are very hard to come by this year, this decade and this lifestyle. So just cherish every one you can get at this point – even if it’s against a Texans team that is just flat out terrible. It took a herculean effort from the defense and the run game to make up for Zach Wilson’s woes, but the rookie QB made some throws when he needed to and the Jets improved to 3-8 on the season.
To dive into the 21-14 win in Houston, we bring you a new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and me. The Post’s Ian O’Connor drops by the pod for the first time to dissect how Wilson did in his first game game from the knee injury – and give us a scorching hot Thanksgiving food take.
Gang’s All Here Podcast with Jake & Coz:
- WILSON: Knee clearly was not 100% and he was banged up during the game as well. He can’t make that mistake on the interception. It took him a while to get going, but Mike LaFleur did a terrific job calling plays and helping him out. He got in a rhythm for a bit and did enough. The 157 yards from the rushing attack was the savior for Wilson.
- AUSTIN WALTER: What a tremendous story. It’s hard not to root for a guy like that after he gets his first career touchdown. We play his postgame sound talking about his mom saying he would score and remembering his late father.
- FOOD: Houston press box food was legendary, especially the donuts. Coz’s description of these donuts had me salivating. He also says cranberry sauce should be shot into the sun.
Ian O’Connor Interview:
NY Post sports columnist
- ZACH’S DEVELOPMENT: Thought he showed a fair amount of grit in this game while playing with the knee injury. The next four games against below average teams will show us a lot about him and his development.
- ROAD AHEAD: They have winnable games ahead. Believes they will finish 5-12 and as long as Wilson progresses and gets better, that will be fine.
- THANKSGIVING: Would be fine with pizza on Thanksgiving and pizza every day.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the podcast drop Mondays and Thursdays.